Lowered chargeback rate?

billkei
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I'm starting an online business using Paypal as the payment processor (obviously lol). My question is if in any case, a customer files a dispute and I win, will it be removed from my chargeback rate? I've been seeing lots of stories that accounts are getting closed due to this scenario. I also used to work for a credit card company and witnessed first hand how "trigger happy" customers are in filing disputes. Some wins, others lose. I'm just concerned that my business account might be closed suddenly to "friendly fraud" scenarios. A new seller with low sales suddenly having one dispute is really a big deal. So, if I win a dispute and it is taken of the chargeback rate then it would be great relief. Can anyone confirm?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi billkei, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum!

Accepting liability or winning a chargeback dispute initiated on your account, does not effect your seller rating. These scenarios are out of your control and if we can see that you are actively communicating to resolve the dispute, there would be no reason to penalize you for a chargeback. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.