Looks like a fraudler schema

antonermakov
New Community Member

Hello.

I need help. It seems to me that I deal with a fraudler trying to get my money involving PayPal 

I'm selling my bike and a buyer wants to use Transport Company to deliver my motorbike to his state. The bike price is $4600 + $1400 for the delivery service.

The buyer notifier me that he sent $6000 to my PayPal account. I don't see any incoming $ but I got an email with the next content

"Dear Anton <removed> You have received a PayPal Payment of $6,000.00 AUD from 'Richard <removed>'.

A temporary hold has been placed on this transaction! As mentioned in the Payment receipt and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which includes the buyer shipper's pickup fees. Kindly confirm if you receive both payment receipts. In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We have advised you to transfer the sum of $1,400.00 AUD to the shipping agency account information as provided on your payment receipt. Send us a Photograph of the transfer Receipt (in JPG Format), which will prompt your immediate accreditation to your account. NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure the safety of this transaction."

It's like they want me to send $1400 from my personal bank account to the Shipping agent and then I will get $6000

I have no idea about this new policy. Is it a new schema of payment? It looks cheating.

the email came from <removed>   which looks like a fair email but not paypal email

Has somebody faced with such schema?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.