Kijiji

ArtGajda
Contributor
Contributor

Wondering if anyone has any input on accepting payments from the USA to Canada stemming from a kijiji sale?  What are the implications or possibilities of a scam?  I've learned that buyers have the ability to receive a full refund once an item is received as PayPal favours the buyer over the seller in cases of dispute?  Is that accurate?  Are there protections in place for me (the seller) in case any scam dispute like this occurs?  Thanks in advance for your input!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi ArtGajda, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Our claims process is an arbitration service we offer to help resolve disagreements between buyers and sellers, but as you can imagine, it's extremely difficult for us to reach a decision that satisfies all parties. We deal with all cases objectively and with the intention of making a fair decision based on verifiable information which is available at the time. It is a common misconception that PayPal will favour the buyer over the seller, this is not true. In general, if seller's do not ensure that they adhere to the Seller Protection Policy available or they do not hold on to the tracking information for a particular purchase, it may result in a claim being closed in the buyer's favour. 

I would recommend reviewing the Seller Protection policy which is available on the PayPal website. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.