Just been scammed!!!!

FourtyFiftySixt
New Community Member

I Have just been scammed by a customer AND Paypal...I sold a 2,000.00 Blythe Doll to a customer who "claimed" they lived in the U.S. . What I was never told is she lives in Hong Kong! She uses a Freight Forwarder and gives her address on Paypal also as the same Freight Forwarder. She claimed that the doll was not as described. What she actually did was take another doll from her collection and 'claimed" it was what she received. She was very clever to never show the face, but a nude doll with photos taken from the back... She wanted a discount which was all she ever wanted from even before she actually purchased it. She started a dialogue and if anyone read the responses her story changed with every response. She then filed a claim and I was instructed to send any and all information and photos I had, which I did. She was give a time to reply and that deadline passed and the case was closed. Today I find out from a supervisor that she was granted the return and had sent the package out.

I was also informed by this same person that my statements, photos, etc. meant nothing and that Paypal used this for "training Purposes" and contradicted other Supervisors and Customer Service Personnel. Who had told me that if I received anything other than the item originally I had recourse. According to this person there IS no seller protection and we have to refund her the money....This is a travesty and completely one sided. I just think that everyone needs to know....Joe 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.