Item not as described buyer fraud

Femgroove2
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an HP laptop that was purchased in 2013 but never opened or used at auction on eBay for 300+. The buyer was quiet for 7 weeks and then all of a sudden out of nowhere comes at me with a paypal claim that the item was not as described claiming the laptop has a password on it and is thusly not new! This is NOT TRUE. The thing was never even removed from the box!! The person had possession and use of my brand new laptop for almost two months and now is going to get to return it used and god knows WHAT he did to it and take my money?? I have pictures of the laptop wrapped in all of its original packaging and box etc and witnesses that it was new!! The guy is claiming the username on the laptop is n incorrect spelling of my first name (HE OBVIOUSLY DID THIS HIMSELF) because eBay has a misspelling of my name in my contact info! Why would I have entered a misspelling of my own. And into a computer!! I keep reading PayPal ALWAYS sides with the buyer!?!! Is this true!?!?! HOW CAN THIS BE LEGAL!! I don’t even care about the money on concerned with getting back a used tampered with laptop that now no longer has its original box and packaging that I can no longer do anything with!! Is there ANYTHING I can do to protect here!! WHY is PayPal judge and jury to MY MONEY I can’t even defend MYSELF to the buyers credit card company while PayPal takes it upon themselves to two months later suck hundreds back out of my bank account without even informing me!!! Do I need to get an attorney?? Anyone have experience with this??
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.