Item Arrival (I'm the seller)

jmac25
Contributor
Contributor

what happens if i'm the seller and i sent the item that was paid for - with the correct address but the name was wrong. Instead of writing the first and last name I just wrote first initial. last name because the first name was very weird. I figured. it would be ok. the item has been delivered to the address provided. however the buyer says he wont be able to get it because he is in China and the address i used was a company in the U.S. he will use to then send it to China. however he says writing the name as I did will not enable him to get it...will he be entitled to a refund?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_terran 

Sorry but thats not correct. A seller would not lose a dispute for non receipt of item because the first name was just an initial.

@jmac25 

You should be ok as long as you sent the item to the paypal registered address of the buyer at the time of payment.

However if the buyer files a dispute for 'not as described' they 'may' win but they would have to return the item back to your first trackable to prove delivery before they were refunded.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

_terran
Contributor
Contributor

This is all up to the person who purchased the item, if he wants to issue a refund then he can do so, if you think differently then he can always go to PayPal and request a refund and the decision will reside on PayPal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_terran 

Sorry but thats not correct. A seller would not lose a dispute for non receipt of item because the first name was just an initial.

@jmac25 

You should be ok as long as you sent the item to the paypal registered address of the buyer at the time of payment.

However if the buyer files a dispute for 'not as described' they 'may' win but they would have to return the item back to your first trackable to prove delivery before they were refunded.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.