Issue on Refund.

Mainak2610
Contributor
Contributor
Hello there, i am new in paypal, as i saw seller protection policy, here it stated that buyers can refund& seller have to proof the delivery of physical product. But i want to give digital service, like, e-codes, btc transfer, etc. If the buyer claims a fake refund. And if i was able to show some proof like screen shot, that i had sent the digital product to the buyer instantly, Another proof like paypal invoice where in terms and condition section clearly metioned that no refund at any cost, is this enough to win the case as a seller.. As because fake refund in paypal is favourite for scammers.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mainak2610 

7. PayPal Seller Protection.

7.7 Examples of Items/Transactions not Eligible for PayPal Seller Protection.

The following are examples of items/transactions not eligible for PayPal Seller Protection:

• Vehicles, including motorcyles, caravans, aircrafts and boats;
  • Claims or Chargebacks for Significantly Not as Described;.
  • Items that you deliver in person, including at a point of sale;
  • Digital Goods;
  • Items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, gift cards or vouchers)
  • Items that are sent after PayPal has advised the Seller not to release the item;
  • Items that are not shipped to the recipient address as stated in the “Transaction Details” page. If you originally ship the item to the recipient address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid Proof of Shipping and Proof of Delivery (for tangible items).
  • Donations.
  • Financial products and investments.
  • Gold bullion.

You'll have to consider if PayPal is the right fit for your business model. Or accept that there will be risk of loses or "leakage" and self-insure by putting away a percentage of each sale to cover the occasional dispute refund (be it legit or for unauthorized payment claims) in exchange for access to millions of PayPal users.

And this is what PayPal will accept if it even applies to digital goods:

Proof of Delivery (for intangible or virtual items or services)” means any compelling evidence to show the purchase order was fulfilled that includes all of the following:

a. The date the item or service was provided;

b. The recipient’s address (email/IP, etc) where applicable.

It will be up to PayPal to decide to cover you or not. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't. 

Any disclaimer won't do any good and to put that kind of disclaimer would seem sketchy to the buyer and PayPal won't pay it much mind anyway so no point in putting the disclaimer on the invoice.

Remember that who you sold to may not be the one who paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.