Is this transaction safe

salehghali
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have been selling an item on shpock but the buyer told me he doesnt want to buy from there because he is new to it and can only buy from paypal. He has given me the email for me to request a payment. Is this a safe way to sell or no. Its an expensive item and hes refusing to buy any other way.

thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@salehghali 

Sounds like a typical SCAM.

They ask to pay 'directly' via paypal as they DO NOT have a paypal account and have no intention of paying.

They ask you for a money request and then send you a FAKE email that 'looks' as if its from Paypal.......it isn't.

It will tell you that they have paid..........they won't have paid and there will be nothing in your paypal account balance.

They will tell you that the funds will show in your balance once you email paypal a tracking number...........you will never see the money.

Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection BUT you enter the tracking number IN your paypal account where the transaction will show in activities and the funds will SHOW in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

salehghali
Contributor
Contributor
Cheers bud
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.