Is this scam?

Familyofchou
Contributor
Contributor

I have sold a item to a person. He ask me to request the money through PayPal. I did and it send me a email through <Removed> mentioned it’s from PayPal. And ask for tracking number in order to release the money, which I gave. And this morning I got the message say that my account is business account, it needs to upgrade to business in order to get the money. And to upgrade to that, I need to ask the last customer to send additional $700, and later I refund it back. Like below. And now that person ask me to pay him back with Apple Pay, because PayPal suspended his account. He can’t receive the money. I would like to know if this is possible and is <Removed> is from PayPal? Thank you Warning! Your PayPal account got Limited Hello Li <Removed>, We encountered a little problem while processing your payment into your PayPal account. You have a pending payment of $420.00 USD but we have a problem making the payment available on your account with that amount because the status of your PayPal account is not a business user which makes your account have a limit and this amount seems to be above your limit, this will not make us credit your account until you expand your limit. Note: You have to take this urgent step to expand your limit. Kindly contact the last payer of your account Margie <Removed> to send you an additional payment of $700.00 USD, so that your account limit can be expanded and as soon as this is done, your account will be fully credited with the total amount of $1,200.00 USD which includes a delay compensation fee of $80.00 USD. Note: An alert has been sent to Margie <Removed> in regards to the $700.00 USD additional payment he/she has to send to you, we will secure this transaction with high priority that neither the payer nor the payee will lose funds in this transaction. Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions, we currently have limited customer service staffing so all calls are being transferred to our voice box. You can still reach us through this email or send us a message, though responses may take longer than usual. You can also view our coronavirus response and FAQs here. Thank you for your patience with this transaction. Thank you for using PayPal! The PayPal Team.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.