Is this really happening?

punkt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! Sorry to bother you but there is something I simply cannot understand. So, a customer make a claim against us for a damaged product, we respond to that claim by saying that the customer shipped the package received from us further so it could be possible that the second carrier to damage the product. After this, your PayPal team that decides the case sent me an e-mail telling me this "We've determined that your buyer should receive a refund, once we have confirmed that the merchandise has been returned to you. The merchandise should be in the same condition as when your buyer received it. " Now I have to ask: is the person deciding in this case even read our case? It seems not because how could it be possible for the product to return to us the same way buyer received it? The product is damaged now, the product was shipped more then once and we shipped the product in good condition. It just unbelievable how your team is doing it's job....

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

so your buyer reship the item to someone else?

ebay and PAYpal polices differ when the shipment is forwarded to another address.

To Ebay,the buyer lost his buyer protection but not Paypal/

Since Paypal has never seen the item,there is no way to tell if the item was damaged in the first leg or second leg of the journey.

so seller loses.

if it is insured,ask the insurer if you can file claim? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.