Is this "PayPal" e-mail a scam?

Murinen
New Community Member

Hello!

Short long story, I'm selling via eBay a sewing machine. The thing is, someone contacted me to buy it. That person asked me to send her the PayPal.me adress, and supposedly she already paid but I don't see any notification or e-mail from PayPal, and my amount of money hasn't changed.

She told me to check my Spam folder, and I found a "PayPal" mail starting with "Amountpay_pal", but everything looks very fishy, as not a single "official" notification have been recieved by me.

I want to check if you think it's scam, because I really think this is fishy.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Murinen 

It's a scam. No funds or record of payment of any kind in PayPal account means buyer did not pay and is sending fake PayPal email trying to convince to ship without paying. Tell buyer "sorry, don't see payment, will contact PayPal to verify" and they should leave you alone at this point as the scam will be discovered.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Murinen 

It's a scam. No funds or record of payment of any kind in PayPal account means buyer did not pay and is sending fake PayPal email trying to convince to ship without paying. Tell buyer "sorry, don't see payment, will contact PayPal to verify" and they should leave you alone at this point as the scam will be discovered.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.