Is this a scam?

KatieHennessy12
New Community Member
I usually don't fall for them, but I listed something I was selling online and someone wanted to buy it and said their paypal wouldn't work through that app, so they gave me their number and I messaged him on WhatsApp and they requested my email to send money through to my PayPal, gave them my email and then they needed a security code, they sent me a screenshot that the code has been sent to the recipient's phone, so stupidly I gave it to them, but luckily they put in the wrong one and they requested it again, And it sent me another text, this time I didn't give it to them, I just sent them the link to request money instead and they haven't replied since so I'm guessing it is a scam. I know it was very stupid but luckily I caught on the second time. Am I safe now? I removed my bank account from Paypal for the time being and changed my password, should I do anything else besides reporting the person? No money was taken either. Thank you
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.