Is there anyway to fight chargebacks made over digital goods?

Nitsu
New Community Member

I manage a large Instagram account with over 100k followers. Like many people who have large accounts such as mine, I advertise for small business owners and individuals. It's generally a nice way to make some money on the side but it's also definitely not without its cons because one of the customers that I did business with filed two chargebacks against me. 

Initially, it was just one chargeback and since I didn't know how to fight it I just gave him the refund because I didn't want any trouble with my account and needed to get rid of my negative balance so I could start using it again. However, this scumbag decided to chargeback the refund as well so now I have twice the negative balance that I had before. Is there really no way to fight chargebacks for digital goods?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Randy

@Nitsu,

PayPal does offer a Seller Protection Policy; however, not all transactions are eligible for coverage.  As online tracking confirming delivery to the buyer's provided address is one of the requirements for Seller Protection, I'm afraid that these types of sales aren't eligible.  If you receive any chargebacks on these transactions, I recommend providing PayPal with any of the following so the chargeback can be disputed with the buyer's financial institution on your behalf.  Examples of the documentation that you can provide as compelling evidence include, but are not limited to:

• Purchaser’s e-mail address to which the goods were delivered
  • Date and time goods were downloaded/received
  • Description of the goods downloaded/received
  • Proof that your website was accessed for services after the Transaction Date
  • Purchaser's IP address
  • Screenshot showing receipt by the purchaser
  • Any other compelling evidence you may have showing the item or service was received and is as described

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.