Is the resolution centre just an automated reply service?

Twilight5145
Contributor
Contributor
An overseas buyer purchased a record from me then without warning, opened a dispute after seven days saying he had not received the item. I asked him, through the dispute, to be patient. Seven days later, he escalates his claim saying 'please repay me, I didn't receive the item until today'. Within five minutes, before I had even seen the reply, PayPal repays him £26.55! I have been contacting PayPal for the last week but just keep getting the same replies, saying they stand by their decision as I have not supplied a tracking number. The buyer did not request or pay for a tracked delivery service and has told PayPal he received his item after two weeks. Is the resolution centre just an automated reply service?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Twilight5145 

Sorry but the tracking number/tracked delivery is there to protect you, not the buyer. PayPal requires proof of delivery to win an Item Not Received dispute, you will hit a wall with PayPal without it. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Twilight5145
Contributor
Contributor
Even though the buyer says he has received it?! What more proof does anybody need?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Twilight5145 

If the guy received his item, he should repay you. Buyer telling PayPal that they received it won't make a difference to PayPal as they won't try to bill the buyer for the debt owed to you because they consider the matter closed. It would be different if you had tracking number showing "delivered" status but you don't. PayPal only collects debt that is owed to them. Perhaps try sending the buyer a PayPal invoice or money request.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Twilight5145
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, but it is in the hands of my solicitor. They resolved the case in buyers favour, even when they had received his statement and without time for me to respond.
Login to Me Too

Twilight5145
Contributor
Contributor
The buyer tells PayPal he has received the item. Five minutes later, some idiot at PayPal decides to press a button and refund him his money. You really wouldn't want to be in a court room and have that person deciding your verdict would you?
Login to Me Too

Twilight5145
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep** I get another repeated message in the middle of the night which awakens me from these idiots. The same bloody repeated message. What a bunch of **bleep** holes. **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Twilight5145
Contributor
Contributor
Accept as solution? Are you serious? FAOD MF'S
Login to Me Too

Twilight5145
Contributor
Contributor
I wake up to another ''after careful consoderation' message. What exactly have they considered? Absolutely nothing, its a load of lies
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.