Is it possible to actually get help?

Temp20201130l
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying--unsuccessfully--to get help with multiple issues for two weeks now.  I cannot get past the IVR when I call.  I cannot use the IVR to report my issue because it's not related to a transaction and I cannot report fraud without a transaction number.

Someone was trying to hack my PayPal account.  I know this because I received e-mails notifying me of the password reset attempt.  Since I couldn't get help then, I changed my e-mail address and all my security questions.  Some time passed and suddenly PayPal is asking me to verify a bank account that I verified 8 years ago.  Since I know someone was trying to hack me, this suggests that someone successfully accessed my PayPal account and attempted to change my bank information to siphon funds out of my account.  What do I have to do to get someone at PayPal to investigate this and tell me why I'm being prompted to reverify my bank account?

Concurrent with this issue, I've had several other issues.  I find the help system completely useless.  Articles point to each other in a labyrinth that's impossible to navigate and it fails to provide useful answers.  I'm posting messages in Message Center and I'm beginning to suspect that they don't have real people reading them.  It's literally the kind of answers you'd get from a chatbot.  I've had over a dozen different people respond to my messages.  Their responses make it clear that not a single one of them have actually read any of the information I've provided.  It's like they're keyword searching my messages and cut & paste the top search result as their answer.

This is hands down the best advertising for PayPal's competition that I've ever seen.  What do I have to do to actually get someone to help me!?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

tayb1
New Community Member

I am having this exact issue! My PayPal account was hacked and someone transferred 1000$ to my paypal from my saved checkings account. I have tried to call and email WITH NO RESPONSE. I was finally able to transfer the money back to my account BUT I HAD TO PAY A 10$ fee to transfer MY OWN money back to MY checking account?!?!?! Like WTF!! I'm so upset about this. And there is no way to talk to a HUMAN. Horrible Paypal! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.