Is Paypal protecting scammers?

Erken_kz
Contributor
Contributor

I was selling a digital product so I cannot take advantage of the protection of the seller. The buyer asked for mediation services for the purchase of the "gold of the game" on G2G as he could not get access there. He sent me the money, and after I bought the product and handed it to him, he immediately started disput. He told me that this system of paypal was guilty and he would solve the problem. But it was a lie. I wrote a letter to the PayPal service and attached screenshots of our conversations with the fraudster, but the service ignored this and returned the money to the fraudster. This is the service of protecting honest users of paypal Screenshots of evidence -  <removed>

I have already accepted that I lost 223 dollars, but I want the payal to punish the scammer Puckett <removed> they helped.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erken_kz 

You chose to use paypal for a virtual /digital transaction when you were aware that there is no paypal seller protection.

So not sure why paypal are to blame. You can sell those types of items but sadly at your own risk. You took the risk and lost.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Erken_kz
Contributor
Contributor

when the dispute was active I sent a paper proof, but they ignored it

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erken_kz 

Of course they did, because it would make no difference if you had 0 seller protection unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Erken_kz
Contributor
Contributor

Does this mean that irrefutable evidence that the one who started the argument is a fraudster does not matter? don't you care too, are you a defender of the paypal system here?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erken_kz 

Oh i see, I am defending paypal if I give you the correct information as to how it works?

So ok I will say...yes you are covered and will get your money back tomorrow....its not true but if thats what you want to hear other than the facts then happy to oblige.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Erken_kz
Contributor
Contributor

if you want to help, give advice without your criticism, "you are to blame". And you have not given a clear answer why the system ignores the facts of fraud sent to it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erken_kz 

I didn't say you were to blame I believe that what i said was that paypal WERE NOT to blame.

The 'system' as you put it allows you to buy whatever you like from whoever you like, they are not a 'nanny' checking your purchases.

However they do give you 'some seller and some buyer' protection but its up to all of us to risk assess our own transactions.

As there is 0 seller protection for virtual / digital goods then the 'system' has told you in advance that its up to you whether you want to take the risk or not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Erken_kz
Contributor
Contributor

the system did not warn me in any way, but I am outraged that the real employees of PayPal ignore the evidence of fraud of the buyer.

Login to Me Too

Erken_kz
Contributor
Contributor

Dear ***, Thank you for contacting PayPal. We've completed our review of an unauthorized activity case for the following transaction: Transaction Date: 5 July 2019 Transaction Amount: 104,99 $ USD Transaction ID: 1WU31209E6460383S Buyer Name: Craig <removed>We’ve confirmed the transaction was unauthorized and have refunded 100,00 $ USD to the buyer. This amount will be debited from your PayPal account. During our review, we found the transaction was not covered under PayPal Seller Protection. We understand you may not have been expecting this case. If the 100,00 $ USD debited from your PayPal account causes your balance to go into the negative, please log in to your PayPal account and add money to your balance. It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal. Sincerely, Kritika PayPal

Here, the system staff are engaged in replies, this is the 3rd identical answer from them. There is not even a mention of the presented evidence of fraud.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.