Is PayPal customer support really so bad?

waer01
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I wanted to confirm if anyone had bad experiences with PayPal recently as I and my wife had. Basically it's second time in a couple of months that this happens. Someone bought an item on ebay for 700$ paying via paypal. After 2-3 months a case comes in to paypal (because obviously a case on ebay cannot be even opened after 2-3 months) and buyer is saying item is "not as described" or "broken". Paypal decides to put your balance to negative -700$ while case is being reviewed and decision made.
And so the decision was made that buyer is returning an item without any explanation on why this decision was made and despite a fact item was bought on ebay. I get an item back which is in a fully working condition like I sold it and apparently was not even unpacked! How did Paypal come to such a case conclusions? How do I deal in these situations? I am at a point where I no longer want to use paypal or ebay for these kind of poor decisions and no accountability from PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@waer01 

Because sellers are not protected from significantly not as described disputes unless buyer's reasoning behind the claim is not considered by PayPal to be "Significantly not as described", ie. buyer's remorse reasons (don't like, don't fit, saw it some place else cheaper, as described but not meet expectations, bought by mistake, broke after a certain time of use/warranties, etc). Apparently the buyer bluffed their way through...maybe a kid of theirs made a purchase they didn't authorized and tried to hide it, you never know.

Read in the user agreement, the seller protection terms and buyer protection terms based on where the buyer is located for more information:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full?locale.x=en_UK

If the package was return unused, report the buyer for abuse of the buyer protection program and relist your item for sale again and increase the price to cover fees, etc. Got to keep on pushing on because PayPal is third party and not there when you packed and shipped and not there when buyer or whoever purchased/returned item so they have to believe the buyer as they are making the SNAD claim and needed to make a judgement call. Lucky you got your item back and in one piece to be sold again because not everyone is able to.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.