Is Caffeefriend.com legit?

gdrglen
New Community Member
There are some heavily discounted coffee machines on Caffeefriend.com. Wanted to know if the site is legit.
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

MariaTeresa2020
Contributor
Contributor

I have been looking for their instagram (as they advertise to follow) I found their domain registration while I was googling this name. It was registered just before Christmas, no country, no additional information about this company. Furthermore, the retail prices listed don't match the actual retail prices of the coffee machines. I didn't notice this until I had concern and googled those as well. 

Suffice it to say, I am proceeding on the assumption this is not legit. @gdrglen 

Login to Me Too

Ianmachine1
New Community Member
I was wondering the same looks to good to be true ?
Login to Me Too

MariaTeresa2020
Contributor
Contributor
I recommend not to proceed. I made the mistake of ordering and almost immediately regretted not doing a deeper dive before I did. Upon order, I tried to find them on IG - nothing. Found they only registered the company days before. I just received a message today that the item shipped but tracking # goes to no real shipper and the tracking location says “no location”. Their email address is not real. They send messages through shopify. We have flagged it with Amex but don’t know how to report this company.
Login to Me Too

BiancaCarducci
Contributor
Contributor
I mistakenly ordered as well. I am currently in the middle of a dispute in the resolution centre. Hopefully PayPal can help with this.
Login to Me Too

Johnzhouzhou
New Community Member

I had put the order through their website at 28 Dec 2020,but not get the goods yet. Website has been closed since then. Becareful !

Login to Me Too

Made12586
New Community Member
I dont think they are. As of this morning the website has seemed to disappear and pops up an error message. My wife and I looked at it this past weekend and once I couldn't find any contact info I thought something was up. Plus the spelling errors on the webpage.
Login to Me Too

Wyattbushey
New Community Member
I made a purchase on the .com version of this website on the 31 of December it’s now the 4th tracking hasn’t been updated since purchase I’m waiting on a reply from the support email but apparently at least the .com website doesn’t exist anymore so I’m not too sure what I should do
Login to Me Too

thenoscam
Contributor
Contributor

The website is already down. They obviously cashed in and closed store. Good luck with Paypal!

What was the name of the Paypal account? Very often this type cams are located in China, where it's legal as long as you don't scam inside China. 

This gangs (yes, they are gangs) have usually a few 100 similar stores and change Paypal accounts daily. That fools the Paypal resolution center, and since Paypal ain't too keen on refunding a payment they can't recover they often will not let the claim go through.

At this point I can't get the Paypal logic, every week there must be a few Million $$ that the help scammers in China to collect. Facebook is full of such ads.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.