International Buyer claiming to use Friend's Paypal to make payment

Xereptis
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in Australia and I have a customer that is about to make a very large purchase ($700+) from the U.S. He claims to be a youtuber that makes reviews and I have cross referenced this and his email and accounts seem to match up with his identity. 

He says he wants to pay with his *friend's* paypal account so that would already then have a different address and name and I'd lose seller protection. PLUS I am very nervous about a possible chargeback. He is only a teenager, so it is kind of difficult trying to explain all this to him my concerns of him making such a large purchase overseas with an account that's not even his... Maybe the kid is legitimately trying to buy my items and he has permission from his friend, but I can't know for sure; only what he says and that's obviously not enough.

How should I communicate to him?? I don't mean to offend him if he really is legit. Even if he could use his parents' credit card etc, I need to make sure they are aware of his purchase plus permission. I want to avoid any chargebacks. I'm also considering whether or not his email is hacked, but I'm probably being paranoid.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.