Intangible Goods Purchase Protection

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I contacted customer services a few days ago regarding additional information on a dispute on an intangible good that was decided against my favor (the seller completely revoked my access), but never received a response, so I proceeded to "chat."

The chat representative, Byron, claimed that "this is an intangible good that is not as described so there would just be no covered for you." After I explained that nowhere in User Agreement is it stated that Purchase Protection does not cover intangible goods, he replied "it does," yet he failed to support both his claims and continuously stated, "it has just always been our policy so that is what I have to stick."

How can something be "your policy" when your legal agreement states nothing of it? If this really is your policy, is there not a lawsuit waiting to happen?

Again, the User Agreement only states that real estate, financial, business, vehicles, custom made, donations, prohibited (drugs/illegal), in person, industrial, government, and gambling products are not covered under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program. Read it yourself.

I've emailed PayPal once again regarding this case (my previous email sent a few days ago was ignored) and their policies Purchase Protection but have yet to receive a response. 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

may I ask what is this intangible goods you purchased and what kind of dispute did you open?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User

You are covered for non receipt of item for intangible goods but not for 'not as described'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

It was originally a "item not as described" case but now the seller has revoked my access to the digital product, so it is more like "item not received." Also, if that is the case, then where in the user agreement does it state such terms?

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

ONE CAN open a case of INR and followed it by INAD,but not vice versa.

You must have receive the item else how would you know it is not as described.

If you have used your credit card,try filing a chargeback 

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Again, where does it state these terms in the User Agreement?

Also this was a digital product which could be revoked at any time.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Please explain how PayPal can have such a policy without disclosing it in the agreement.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Please respond to my previous comment, @nevadasmith and @kernowlass. Again, how can PayPal have a policy against protection of SND intangible cases when it is not disclosed in the agreement?

I also never received a response from PayPal to both of my emails (one sent over a week ago, one sent two weeks ago), which is another topic...

Finally, PayPal's own website states "Buyer protection now covers intangibles...if a buyer claims they haven't received an eligible item or service or it was not as described..." which in turn refutes the claim that SND is not covered by Buyer Protection. In addition, there is also no mention that "You are covered for non receipt of item for intangible goods but not for 'not as described'."

protection.PNG

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I'm not sure why I haven't received any response from this.

Is this not just showing PayPal's inconsistent policies?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.