Insurance or not insurance

tanitasam
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I live in london and I am selling my iphone to someone in Ireland.

The person has already payed through paypal and the money is deposited in PayPal escrow account....

Paypal wants to know the tracking number as proof of shipment for confirmation.

I have the option to spend a bit more and have the phone insured cause I'm selling it for more than £200.

I wonder if the insurance is a waste of money or a smart thing to avoid bad surprises.

Shall I cover my back and pay for the insurance? or the tracking and signature should be enough?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tanitasam 

Insurance is for loss or damage done by the courier, so its up to you. Me, personally, I insure intl pkgs and items valued at over $30 (or equivalent). I don't be playing around.

PayPal requires proof of delivery and I am not seeing a certain cash amount requirement for signature confirmation for the UK but if service/tracking comes with signature/signed for cool.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tanitasam 

Insurance is for loss or damage done by the courier, so its up to you. Me, personally, I insure intl pkgs and items valued at over $30 (or equivalent). I don't be playing around.

PayPal requires proof of delivery and I am not seeing a certain cash amount requirement for signature confirmation for the UK but if service/tracking comes with signature/signed for cool.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

tanitasam
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you sharpiemaker 🙂

yeah...I know it's not a Paypal requirement....but more for my piece of mind....

The buyer sent me £20 more for the postage....do I need to tell him I am going to use all of them to pay for half the insurance? or really no need for it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.