I was forced to pay E-bay and Paypal for the same item??? Both say it is the other fault help!!

rb5_turbo
New Community Member

Hi all,

I have been having a nightmare since late Dec can someone advise as I am way out of pocket on this.

Here is what happenned:

• In late Dec 20 I sold a cycling jersey on Ebay, received the payment (£106.50) and all was well. 
  • I then used my PayPal (PP) balance for something leaving my account at £0, this I am entitled to do as they were my funds to spend as I see fit.
  • Subsequently the buyer raised a case, as usual with Ebay they ruled in the buyers favour, my £0 PP balance then went to -£106.50?
  • The -£106.50 payment shows as going to Ebay but Ebay confirmed they did not receive the funds, this makes sense as there were no funds in my account so PP could not send money that did not exist.
  • I have spent hours on the phone to Ebay and similar hours on the PP chat getting nowhere. Each side say contact the other, PP in particular have been extremely unhelpful stonewalling me!
  • Due to my £0 PP balance Ebay settled the dispute directly with the buyer outside of PP and I then made a one-time payment with my credit card to Ebay to settle things and all I thought should be well.
  • However PP then threatened me with debt collectors due to my -£106.50 balance so I then had to pay PP too bringing my PP balance back to £0.
  • Therefore I have now paid £106.50 back twice, once to Ebay and also to PP.
  • As I mentioned Ebay confirmed they did not receive the PP funds and only received my one-time credit card payment but PP refuse to refund the £106.50 I paid to them claiming Ebay need to refund.
  • I do wonder if this is related to Ebay and PP connected at a system level, did the Ebay dispute set my PP account as -£106.50? However as the case is now settled and the buyer repaid why is the minus amount not reversed?

What do I do, I have raised this with PP on the Chat getting no-where, I cannot phone them so at present I am £106.50 out of pocket through no-fault of my own.

Your help here will be hugely appreciated as all this has been super stressful.

Thank you

Andy French

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.