I want to know if this is from the real PayPal service.

diane9713
Contributor
Contributor

I had a buyer from eBay who want me to buy and send the pictures of two $100 amazon gift card to email address that I received. This email comes with the name of Paypal. This email said I need to send the code to receive payments from my buyer and I sent it and when they received the pictures they will send the payment immediately. Three hours later, I noticed something goes wrong and when I checked amazon gift cards, they were redeemed. So I called to UPS store and told them to don't send the items and called to Amazon to block the gift cards. Amazon caller reported this to the team who deal with fraud at Amazon. Amazon caller said they will refund $200 to me and I got my items back from the UPS store. This email is scammer, right? The buyer didn't answer my text messages right now after I said Hello, scammer and the screenshot of his/her feedbacks as a buyer in eBay. 7 hours passed after I send the pictures of amazon gift cards and I still did not receive payments. Well, I don't need them anymore, but I want to make sure.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.