I've just found out PayPal sided with a fraudster!! I've lost my item and my money.

Surfer71
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I'm still absolutely shocked. Paypal has just as good as robbed me. I sold an item on ebay first time in 8 years. Due to fraud scam buyer 8 years ago.. so I stopped. Come covid I thought I might as well try ebay again.. can't all be scammers right? Wrong!! So I sold the item, chap messaged me wanted tocome and collect it in person ..that was on my listing collect in person. He messaged lots and then he came and looked it over and was happy. Loaded it in his van and off he went. I left him feed back. That was my biggest mistake. Once I've left the feed back that then triggered the scammer to abuse the system. He then filed a " unauthorised payment" Claiming they never bought the item Even though they turned up in person,to collect it and messaged me on ebay. Then offered a contact number ( mobile ) that matches the business. So I know it's him same voice. Safe in the knowledge that I'm covered and I have done every thing by the book I let paypal do it's thing. I offered screen shots of all our conversations and it clearly shows him asking to come and collect, me asking what time and him offering his mobile number.. but we still chatted by ebay. It even showed the message saying I'm running a bit late as had a blow out on his tyre on the motorway. But no... Stunned.. Paypal sided with the buyer stating no proof of postage 😳😳 1st off the listing clearly stated due to the size and weight it's collection only 2nd he communicated via ebay about when he was coming and that he had a tyre blow out so was running late. This is an absolute disgrace... I'm stunned I'm back 8 years when the scam artists know how to bend they system to gain goods and their money back leaving the genuine seller robbed of the item then robbed by paypal of their money THEN to boot have f$%$@ fees taken as well.. Tell me what to do as I am about to cancel the following and close and walk away forever!! Ebay account both private and business Paypal private account Paypal business account And my izettle by Paypal account for both my businesses So that's 6 accounts connected to paypal I'm about to close as I'm done with a service that is just bent and fraudulent.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Teito23
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has actually been siding with fraudsters and scammers a lot if you actually read a ton of other community posts. They would give any reason to just say they cannot help I am already almost at the end of my rope even trying to get paypal to respond to me and help me. I basically lost any trust in being protected by them cause even with supposed protection as long as the other party decides to dispute they let them win. 
Seller gives tracking info real or fake they win, Buyer say it's unauthorized to their bank they auto win. Paypal protection is basically just a joke really people even stated I talked to a representative about this and they said no you didn't. They only said do legal action against them go to ic3.gov and guess what they never responded what a surprise. 

Login to Me Too

Surfer71
Contributor
Contributor

Well I have been passed round 6 people again!! 45mins again!! 

They just don't get it.. an item listed as heavy will need to be collected in person due to size and weight.. they keep saying I have no proof of postage

No but I have proof of him collecting it... 

CCTV of him coming in the unit 

CCTV of us and 2 of my employee's helping load it in his van! 

Ebay messaged all taking about arranging collection during office hours and even a message from him saying they are going to be delayed as they had a flat tire in the VAN!! on the day he collected

Then he messaged me his phone number that matches the number on his business website and Government company house. 

I have been robbed by a buyer 

then I have been robbed by Paypal then to put the icing on the cake I have then been hit again by Paypal and ebay as they both want their fee's even though it's THEFT! 

Well the interesting part to all this is.. My accounts lady as I own the companies.. said all the accounts we do for the businesses are via izettle who owns izettle... Paypal.. 

So the best part of £12k-20k a month goes though izettle ( paypal ) so if I am going to be robbed under my nose and paypal are part of it.. I have no choice but to change to a different Banking Merchant I simply do not trust Paypal for banking in business.. So Barclays Merchant Services here in the UK have been instructed to take over. iZettle accounts will be closed in the next 14 days and I am going to close my personal paypal as well and look for alternative. 

It comes to some thing when the fraudsters know more than the company that builds,maintains and manages the platform they operate. 

PAYPAL are as good as FRAUDSTERS themselves. 

Login to Me Too

Teito23
Contributor
Contributor

At this point in time it would be better if you actually just don't use paypal anymore cause they are not only not protecting their victims they are adding charges/fees to you that you shouldn't even have to pay for. I pretty much already lost any trust in paypal cause of their rulings they even closed some of them barely 3-4 hours after they get opened didn't even ask for more information or anything they straight up closed them on the scammers/ fraudsters side. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.