I've been scammed

Don76
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, Please can someone help give any advice? My daughter sold a few things all ending up amounting to nearly 200. This was done over the internet no physical items sent in the post. Today the buyer has made a claim on all of the items. I've tried contacting them no response I called their mobile number and not recognised. How does this dispute work? I have an awful feeling they are going to refund this person and I'm going to end up with a 200. Debt and the person has the goods my daughter sold. Any info would be appreciated Many thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Don76 

Sadly there is very little seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

If you can put as much proof on to the dispute OR if paypal request it that you can.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Don76 

Sadly there is very little seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

If you can put as much proof on to the dispute OR if paypal request it that you can.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Don76
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply. I have screen shots of the trades and a message from the buyer saying she is going to contact PayPal and depop and she has made any claims,but I don't believe her. There must be something I can do? Each transaction that was made by PayPal held the money encase it was a scam.?? And it is so it hasn't worked very well. So annoying and upsetting
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.