I think this might be a scam? but you tell me

yomnavarro
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so on october 7 i had a customer purchase a shirt for me. the order was shipped, and after the item was shipped the buyer opened a case with paypal disputing that it was an unauthorized purchase. the shirt was returned, their money refunded, and paypal resolved the case. yesterday i get an email from the buyer's email stating: "I had ordered a "happiness Tee" but my shipping service, USPS, has returned it to the sender. I am confused if I am able or not able to get my shirt back." 

So i'm not really sure what to do at this point, and wondering if there is a way i can report this to Paypal? It seems fishy to me for obvious reasons. Also what do i email back to this person? What's confusing is that USPS tracking says it was delivered to the address, and then returned. So im just clueless on how to proceed with this. Would appreciate some insight. thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yomnavarro

Certainly an odd series of events but I can't say it is an all out scam. Personally, I would just ignore the email since the funds were returned and you received your shirt back. Could be a kid ordered and the parents discovered a charge they don't recognize and wanted to undo the transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.