I think it's a scam

Mcphaillakishia
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item and shipped it to a state, in the United States. Buyer says he wants a refund. I tell him I would gladly give him a refund, as Lon as he follows the step through eBay. Then he says there's a problem. He states I will have to pay and extra $65 to receive my item because he took it into another country. I tell him to hold on because I need to speak to an eBay representative about this. Under eBay policy I am not obligated to pay for the extra shipping because that was his choice to take it out of the country. So I tell the guy and he keeps harassing me about opening a case against through PayPal instead of eBay. I tell him that is fine, I have repeatedly told you I would refund you the money you spent after I receive my item back ( eBay policy ). So he refuses to send it back but has open a case on me. What are my options to get this resolved? I do not mind refunding him for the amount he paid if he sends my item back. I have done spoken with eBay and they said for me not to do anything as far as refunding him until item is returned.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

randoMAcce55
Contributor
Contributor

Even if it ain't a scam/he's scamming you/you are a scammer, don't pay him. Paypal will call/mail you and then you can explain the matter to them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.