I sold and sent an item, the buyer got both the item and a full refund.

Peadar458
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a tshirt and the buyer (who didn't even pay the full price but it was close enough) claimed that I didn't send him the item. I tried to tell him to just be patient and it would arrive but he refused. Since he didn't pay the full agreed price I decided to get the cheaper shipping option which doesn't include tracking. Paypal sided with him and issued him a full refund but then sent me a message the very next day saying that the item arrived. He told me that he'd rather just keep his money and send the item back to me which I wasn't overly interested in because I have a no returns policy but honestly, I just wanted to be finished with him. Two weeks have passed and he's been ignoring my messages so I'm almost certain that he's decided to keep the money and the item, leaving me with nothing. I have messages from him telling me that he received the item but I doubt they'll be accepted by paypal as proof of anything. It seems as though there's nothing I can do to try and resolve the situation. I went to the post office to see if they keep a record of addresses somewhere since I have a receipt with a reference number but they said they couldn't help me. I'm just very **bleep** off that this guy first send the incorrect amount, then started hassling me almost immediately about the item not arriving, and now has kept both the item and the money for himself. This is very stressful for me because I'm a student and the only reason I sold that item was out of desperation for money. I'm now far worse off than I was previously and the buyer is likely laughing about how he scammed me with Paypal's assistance. Surely there is something that can be done about this. As far as I'm concerned, I've done absolutely nothing wrong and have fully completed my responsibilities as an online seller. The shipment was completed and I cannot for the life of me understand how I am not fully entitled to reimbursement of the money that was taken from my account. This is beyond unfair.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How many times do we have to remind seller you must have tracking to show you have delivered the item when the buyer filed item not received with ebay,paypal or credit card issuer

Login to Me Too

wendy1011

Same thing happened to me even though I had tracking and email proof of delivery. PayPal refunded her! She then emailed me saying she deserved the item and the refund. I'm shocked. Any advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.