I sell the item,and i asked for confirmation of payment,and i am doomed

Jia-ye
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling things in ebay UK, and so far there have been nearly 10 unauthorised transactions. Except one is a Korean buyer, the other is a British buyer. I sent an email asking for an authorization issue before shipping. Buyers can return money if they say that they are not bought by paypal. And as a seller, I have to bear the cost loss. I know that I am selling a virtual product: cdkey for dota2 minigame. When I ship with ebay mail, I can't undo this email. And when paypal asked me to reply to the transaction, I submitted all relevant information including pdf, screenshot, and screenshot of the email confirming the transaction. But paypal has determined that I lost the case. In fact, I believe that the buyer is as hacked as the ebay account. But I bear the cost loss, the hacker benefits, the buyer is risk-free, ebay and paypal you are turning a blind eye to this, indifferent. If this is the case, then can I buy virtual items like this and then complain that my account has been hacked, I want to return the money, and enjoy the virtual items I purchased? ? Finally, I want to say that I don't believe that paypal is a manual operation when dealing with transaction conflicts. It is more like a computer decision for me. Even though I was calling customer service, the customer service was ambiguous. I think I still have to ask a lawyer to handle these things.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jia-ye 

There is no paypal seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

If a buyer files repeated disputes and paypal thinks they are abusing the system then they may find their account limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.