I need help on what to do

ChefStavros
Contributor
Contributor

So somebody 3 months ago purchased something from me and he gave me like a total of 37 euros through paypal. 1 month after he claimed that that was not him who bought the product from me and filed a dispute from his bank. Later I had a total balance of -90 euros from 0 where I was. I contacted paypal and they said they are unable to do anything for this and that somebody was using his card without his permission. Okay so I can go purchase things using my friends card and then my friend can file a dispute from his bank saying it wasn't him that bought those things and basically make the seller owe money. Good job paypal and you are not even letting me close down my paypal because I supposedly owe money. This shouldn't be happening and I even gave proof that I sent the product. Help me someone

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChefStavros 

Yep thats why folks use credit cards to pay with, so that they can do a chargback if they need to. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChefStavros 

A chargeback is done directly via the buyers credit card and is not a paypal dispute.

The card issuer makes all the decisions and all paypal can do is pass on information on your behalf.

However you should not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to see why you were not covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ChefStavros
Contributor
Contributor

And the bank can take money from me because someone requested to?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChefStavros 

Yep thats why folks use credit cards to pay with, so that they can do a chargback if they need to. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.