I have been scammed

Nikos1881
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an item from ebay and few hours later the item has been removed and the user has disappeared trying to contact to eBay and PayPal for help however the first thing eBay did to suspend my account.if anyone out there please help me.
Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

Nikos1881
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the username; **removed** Paypal account name; **removed** Ebay suggested my account has been suspended because there's no payment option like credit card or debit card linked however I just made a purchase yesterday thats super weird. The user and my purchased item disappeared

Login to Me Too

kamlin
Contributor
Contributor

@Nikos1881 Okay I got it. He is from germany member since Apr 09, 2020 and now it says "No longer a registered user". His profile has not any stars when you purchased? If you can not get the buyer protection of ebay, please open a dispute from your PayPal account seding all the details to proof this seller is a scamer and attach all the screenshots and invoices you can to proof you are a victim. You should won the case because the seller is out of eBay and he never sent nothing, okay? 😎

Login to Me Too

Nikos1881
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks a lot for your guidance. I will do my best to fallow up. Just need some reply some update from paypal or ebay that They know my situation. Your help is really appreciated
Login to Me Too

kamlin
Contributor
Contributor

@Nikos1881 Alright ^^ Try to call ebay to see if you can recover your account because it's unfair. If you can't find the agent by call, try to find the live chat with a new eBay account going in the working time of live chat, here is some link <removed>if not you can access to support of ebay UK accessing with the same account <removed> going to help and find the live chat. That's the live chat I use and is great 😍

About PayPal, here are my last tips to help you after to try to recover your eBay account:

- Go to your PayPal account and don't ask for return or cancellation of your purchase because the ebay account of seller is closed. So is better go to open a dispute as victim of fraud as buyer in eBay store from this newbie seller who disappeared after your purchase.

- Please send all the details in the dispute as seller ID of eBay, name, invoice of your ebay payment from your email because you cann't acces to your ebay account. Also you can leave the link of seller and screenshots. All the detais and proof you can as victim of fraud. *If you could not recover your ebay account don't say they suspended, just say to PayPal that you're covered by Buyer protection and now you're victim of fraud with this seller who took your money and he just disappeared from eBay after you made your payment.

- After claim you will need to wait maybe 1 or 2 or maybe 3 weeks because they will open a investigation and depending it can be more longer. However because seller just disappeared you should get back your money in few days or one week.

* If the seller was new in eBay store, he is not able to get his money because eBay and Paypal hold the money of new sellers for 21 days, unless he sent a physical delivery. Keep this in mind 😁

You can contact PayPal support by Twitter with the @AskPayPal to send direct message and tweet there.

I hope my information can help you and you can win the dispute.

Good luck and please let me know what happen later 😎

- Regards, Christina Ng Paz.

Login to Me Too

Nikos1881
Contributor
Contributor
Wow you are the best ! Thank you very much 😊 Greetings from Taiwan ! King regards, Anyway if I can not have an answer soon will definitely text you again 🙂
Login to Me Too

kamlin
Contributor
Contributor

@Nikos1881 Is my pleasure and I will wait any news. Good luck and do your best. 🙏😇

Have a great weekend. God bless you.

- Regards, Christina Ng Paz.

Login to Me Too

Nikos1881
Contributor
Contributor
Since you were there for me from the very first moment I think have to share this information with you. Ebay closed the case on the favor of the seller and told me I should have received the item or will be receiving soon. However as we all know there's no existing user or tracking number. I tried to appeal again.ask them to provide me shipping company and the tracking number.besides,I am living taiwan and Taiwan customs rules are pretty tough.any shipment over 40 usd has to be declared under your original name and you have to declare the shipping company and tracking number before the arrival. called the customs and they told me there's no shipment under my name that has arrived or on the way. I will be going to police station.report this case since there's no shipment or any refund.just wanted to share the information.take care..
Login to Me Too

kamlin
Contributor
Contributor

@Nikos1881 OMG Ebay closed the case on the favor of the seller or PayPal ?? Did you call to Ebay to recover your account ?

Login to Me Too

Nikos1881
Contributor
Contributor
Ebay chose to suspended my account indefinitely.first they officially lied to me that the seller provided a shipping quote and the item is delivered or on the way. Then they made a confession which was just trying to close the case since I have filed a dispute on paypal.so I am just caught up with in this drama. Haven't received an item that paid for. There's no shipping quote or tracking number.called customs they informed me theres no shipment received under my name and adress since the item needs to be cleared.the seller scammed me yes I am angry about it however he/she has not done it professionally there are many questions to be answered.but here Ebay and PayPal might close the case quiet professionally then I have no option but to file a official case.already been to police station they have a record of my case and they already questioned all the shipping companies.I have to mention I am really proud of living in Taiwan since they do everything in an amazing way. Thank you very much for your care and interest on my case. I feel like "akecheta" in westworld; "This is not the only world there are many worlds out there and we are living on the wrong one"
Login to Me Too

kamlin
Contributor
Contributor

@Nikos1881😱 heavens!! I am reading you both and I am in schock. Now I remember people I know in facebook who said PayPal closed their account's after have over 1k or 2k of money and even they sent DNI and personal documents they just closed their accounts and maybe have a change to whidraw the money after 6 months but I am not sure if this guys (not my friends of all) but I think they lost their money too (┬┬﹏┬┬)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.