I got scammed out of $500 usd

DashDash
New Community Member

I was selling an old account for fortnite, i gave him my email and all assosciated things to the account and i requested $500 on paypal and he cancelled it as i gave him the account and blocked all means of communication. I can try to get my friends to communicate with him but otherwise what do i do? Is there anything i can do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DashDash 

A buyer can't cancel a 'completed' payment so it couldn't have completed before you sent the account.

However there is no paypal seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DashDash 

A buyer can't cancel a 'completed' payment so it couldn't have completed before you sent the account.

However there is no paypal seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DashDash 

Probably what the buyer cancelled was the money request or the invoice you sent but they could have still sent a payment independent of the money request. If you see no money for the game in your PayPal account and you already sent the game then yeah you were scammed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.