I fear a scammer will try to get a refund after i've given them art, what do I do in that situation?

MarimoPunk
New Community Member

I fear a scammer will try to get a refund after i've given them art, what do I do in that situation?

I have been dealing with this commissioner and they are the kind of person who doesn't see a product provider as a real person and openly has admitted to targeting people in need in the past to scam them. I do digital art as the majority of my little income, so I took the commissions not knowing that he was brazen about the issue, and now that I have given him the art, I fear he might try to have paypal refund the money.

Is there any way to prevent this?

I have heard the horror stories about how paypal refuses to protect merchants and the scammers always get away with the theft, which is why I wanted to leave paypal in the first place, I think I absolutely will if this happens.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @MarimoPunk,

Welcome! I can definitely understand want to protect your sales. It's important to know what products and services PayPal offers protection on. Here are a few resources you may find useful:

What is the PayPal Seller Protection Policy and what items aren’t covered?

How do I prove that I've sent an item to the buyer?

What is Chargeback Protection?

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.