I can be protected from "unauthorized payment" if my sell is a service without shipment?

alex-75
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I offer a service (financial) and I offer the payment by PAyPal checkout.

As I know I will be never protected by purchase with cards because in case of complain the dispute is resolved by the bank of the user.

Furthermore it has 120/140 days to complain.

No.

For payment with PayPal account I just register the IP address (can be fake), the email (can be fake).

I think that in case ALL the customers ask a rembursement and I cannot win the dispute.
I can provide evidence that I DID THE SERVICE (trading online) but if the payment is done with a stolen PayPal account PAyPAl resolve the cause in favor of the buyer. In that case I spent around 93% of the money to provide the service and around 4% is taken from PayPal commission and fees.

A single rembursement cost me more than 7-8 good sells.

How can I deal with this?

If I verify the buyer email before the sell I'll be more "protected" (I'll provide the service only if the user reply a specific code I sent by email BEFORE proacceping the payment and provide the service) ?

I need a clarification about this, otherwise I will not be able to continue my business.

Alessandro

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ajknox87

I have had the same issue. I confirmed with a buyer. He agreed to pay, I provided my product and he left May6th 2018. 2 months latter I get an email saying the customers credit card is disputing the purchase. I confirm with the customer, he claims that he has not disputed the charge and attempts to pay again with cash half of the cost in good faith. Paypal sends my account to collections, does not provide my merchandise, the customer hasnt received his funds and we both look stupid. 

There is NO PROTECTION for sellers at all. There is no resolve and now my credit has been impacted because of paypal. 

I would love to see an underdog story when someone actually wins but have yet to find one. 

**bleep** off customer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.