I am a seller and I am reported by the buyer because the item did not arrive

opengarage
Contributor
Contributor

Initially I transacted with buyers outside of my country through Grailed and somehow grailed my account freeze when I was doing a transaction and was successful, I sent the item to the address. Then the buyer reported me because the item hadn't arrived in a week, and I knew he was surprised to see my grailed account was gone. I do delivery via Pos Indonesia, Paypal and Grailed can not track automatically, in other words, the buyer can check the status of the shipment via Pos Indonesia web. when this case went on, I had explained to the buyer that the jacket he ordered was on the way, the journey took a little time because of using the sea route, due to expensive shipping costs because the weight of the item exceeded 3kg, today the case was closed by paypal, even though I already explain and attach a picture of the shipping number and how to check the status of the shipment along with the tracking results that I screenshot from the web pos Indonesia. It's like PayPal is helping to steal the jacket from me. they have never done a manual check only through a robot.

I want to ask if the jacket arrives and the buyer doesnt want to pay, can I file a claim refunding my sales ? Help me

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@opengarage 

But was the jacket delivered? If not, then PayPal has to rule for the buyer. Once jacket is delivered according to the tracking, call PayPal customer service to see if they can give you a courtesy refund out of their pocket as they can't force the buyer to pay you back. No guarantee though.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

opengarage
Contributor
Contributor
I have ship the jacket and it is still on its way. takes a little while to arrive. but it certainly arrived, bcus I ship the jacket the day after the transaction. Does this mean Paypal will replace my money? how can I claim that ? thx for reply
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @opengarage,

I'm sorry to hear that the case was closed while the item was in transit. How long ago was the transaction? If the tracking showed no movement for an extended period of time, the case would have to be closed because it cannot stay open indefinitely. If the item does arrive and shows delivery with the original tracking number, you can appeal the case through the Resolution Center, or if the option is not there, by contacting customer service. I would not suggest appealing the case until the item does show delivery, as the appeal will be denied if the tracking does not show delivery.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

opengarage
Contributor
Contributor
thank you for giving a reply. so far 2 weeks have passed by sea trip. I know this will take time but I have provided the original tracking number and the way to track the shipping number through Posindonesia official website. it's like I fell down on a ladder. the reason I sent it by sea was because the weight of the item was around 3kg and posindonesia suggested using sea shipping because the weight did not enter air shipping criteria. that was the reason given to me. then I followed their advice. whether if the item arrives in 3 months to the destination address. if I can still submit a claim with an attachment to the original proof of shipment and a screenshot that the item has arrived. can i get my right?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @opengarage,

I cannot guarantee the outcome upon appeal, but it's always worth the attempt. Cases do have to be decided based on the information provided. If an item is not delivered and the tracking does not show movement for a significant period of time, it is necessary to decide the case for the buyer who is without an item. However, in situations like yours, there are extenuating circumstances that can be considered after the fact.

I would recommend trying the appeal process once the item arrives and the tracking proves it, and explain the situation when you appeal. A screenshot of the delivery confirmation would not be what's needed. It would have to be trackable online using the tracking number you provided. That's how delivery confirmation is proven for claims.

I hope it works out for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

opengarage
Contributor
Contributor
I have put the shipping number on paypal. is it because the service from my country is not registered on paypal so it cannot be tracked automatically, is the paypal team going to track it manually meaning that they are tracking to posindonesia web.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @opengarage,

If the tracking can be seen online and you provide the link to the shipping company, the reviewer should manually check the information.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

opengarage
Contributor
Contributor
maybe thats my mistake for not including a link so that paypal can check manually, thank you Olivia. can you help explain for now what should I do? because the item is correct I send it to the buyer's address
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @opengarage,

At this point you would have to wait until the tracking shows delivery. Only once the tracking shows delivery can anything be reviewed.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.