I THOUGHT I'D SEEN IT ALL BUT HERE'S A NEW ONE :SOLD AN ITEM TO A CHINESE GENTLEMAN IN LONDON

WOODIESGBAND
Contributor
Contributor

I've just posted on ebay community but I think I should warn paypal users as well

I sold an item to a chinese gentleman in London which he paid for quickly asking to pack it well

I packed it well and shipped it via inpost so tracked and marked as delivered. I'm used to people not bothering to let me know the item had arrived so I assumed all was okay.

Today I was browsing through my bank and I spotted an entry I didn't understand so I dug further to find that ebay had issued a refund [without any knowledge from me] and paypal showed it as a refund pending.strange?

I contacted ebay[ not easy] got a call back and they couldn't explain what had happen but said they would get back to me [still waiting]

I contacted paypal who said don't worry call your bank as it's still pending

Called Barclays who confirmed that they had sent the refund as a paypal direct debit request.

PANIC PANIC

Luckily the barclays lady dug in and managed to refund me but how could this happen?

IT SEEMS SOMEONE MANAGED "CREATE" A REFUND FOM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION AND CONNED ME/EBAY/PAYPAL AND BARCLAYS 

THIS MAKES A NONSENSE OF EBAY SECURITY AND PAYPAL SECURITY AND HOW CAN ANY BUYER BE TRUSTED NOW??

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.