How to Make a Safe Face to Face via Paypal

Chilly41
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am selling an item and the buyer would like to do a face to face transaction.  We are meeting at the mall and the payment will be made via Paypal Goods and Services.  My question is how do I protect myself to make sure that the buyer won't say he never received the sold item?  I know when the item is shipped there is a confirmation that the item was delivered and signed for.   But not sure how to handle face to  face. Any suggestions?  Thank you 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chilly41 

I would send a PayPal invoice and mark it as Pick Up or send a money request and add a note of what is purchase and that it is a pick up. Then at the time of exchange, the buyer can pay the invoice on the spot with their smart phone.

On pick ups, the buyer cannot file Item Not Received but they can file Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) claim and return item to get their money back if their claim meets conditions of SNAD according to PayPal policy. Sellers are not protected from SNAD claims if buyer's claim meets conditions for a SNAD and are forced to accept a return for refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Chilly41
Contributor
Contributor

Got it! Thanks! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.