How the heck to communicate with a "real" person at Paypal

jrk36
Contributor
Contributor

Over the last week I've received message from PayPal SIX TIMES saying "We noticed some unusual activity on your PayPal account and are concerned about potential unauthorized account access. " Each time this has been an unauthorized access from Redwood City CA, and I live in Australia. Each time my account has been secured until I've set a new Password. There are no fraudulent transactions on my account, but so annoying having to change my Password on a daily basis - plus the concern of how someone is managing to logon!

I've tried to contact someone to find out what's going on but that is so hard. I actually got a reply from PayPal's "phishing" email address, but they didn't actually answer my question. I responded to that email three days ago, but no response from PayPal yet.

I'm so concerned about my security that I'm at the stage of deleting my PayPal account (after using for years and years).

Why do such companies make it so hard to contact them - what the heck is going on!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jrk36 

To contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time (if you want) to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you get an agent you aren't comfortable speaking to due to language barrier or other reason, hang up and call again.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jrk36
Contributor
Contributor
  • Facebook: there was no option for Private Message
  • Don't use Twitter
  • PayPal Help:
    • Live Chat is greyed out on my screen.
    • I eventually found my way through the convoluted path to be able to leave a message (nowhere near as easy as you imply, with road blocks!).

I'll wait and see how responsive the PayPal Message service is.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Frustrated69
Contributor
Contributor

Why is "live chat" greyed out so often????

Why does trying to communicate by telephone get you nothing but a recorded message saying that the wait time is 40+ minutes????

Why does trying to communicate by e-mail get you nothing except a message that you'll get a response within 24 hours ... and then you get nothing????

It's clear that PayPal DOES NOT WANT to help any customers...... and treats us just as an annoyance.

That's really not acceptable.

Login to Me Too

Temp20210426a
New Community Member

So I maybe super lucky but I just called this number (which I will provide below) and within a few minutes I had a nice lady help me with my account. I'd been locked out of it since 2018 because I changed my phone number. She helped me fix it in the matter of about ten minutes. PayPal Holdings Inc. Customer Service Telephone Number: [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] I don't know what number it is or anything, but I do know it was genuine, and after about three years I have my paypal account back! I hope this helps someone! God bless you all! -<removed>

Login to Me Too

Temp20221222L

Okay so I read your message about how you may have been lucky because you were able to contact someone and resolve your issue but I see that PayPal has deleted your number that you provided on your reply so I guess no one else can figure out how to do this I see that you provided something about PayPal holdings Inc and I was just wondering if that a website or something that I can access to be able to gain access to the phone number that you called to be able to talk to the person that helped you. My email address is <removed> which is a Google email account so they say that I can't provide the account in that body it's not permitted but if you could figure it out which I'm sure anyone with any kind of sense will please email me and let me know thank you for your time. If you could please email me and let me know something so I can get something done about my account thank you for providing the information even though it was deleted by PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.