How many claims can a buyer open on the same item?

PinkKoala
Contributor
Contributor

Backstory: On the 2nd of Feb a buyer opened a return claim on Ebay.  They had until the 10th to return the item.  They did not do so, and on the 11th the case was closed in my favor. I know that both companies are separate. On the same day the buyer then opened a claim on here thru paypal that they had not received the item.  However in their comments they stated that they had been taking care of sick kids which is why they didn't return the item on time.  I reiterated to them why the Ebay case had been closed and uploaded the tracking information to show that they did indeed have the item, and the dispute was found in my favor. A few hours later they return again this time with a claim of item as "damaged", same item. How many disputes can an individual open? they never contacted me, they did not respond to my message.  Isn't it fraudalent to open a case as not received and then too immediately turn around and say it's damaged, just a couple of hours later?  I have no problem refunding buyers, but the lady did not return the item in the window that Ebay provided for her, and openly falsified her claim as item not received when she admitted she had the item in her opening comment.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PinkKoala
Contributor
Contributor

*I stand corrected. AFTER the case was found in my favor because they initially stated their return was for item not received. They then changed it too Damaged.  Apologies for any confusion that may have caused. I've been a selling on ebay for a couple of years and this is only my second return. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.