How do I fight Charge Backs done through financial institution?

amartinez041
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently received 18 charge backs from one of my customers who now after having a business relationship for over 4 months claims that the charges were unauthorized. Among the 18 transactions I have 1 personal payment and 17 made using my personal link paypal.me/. As you can imagine I was shocked but since he did it through their financial institution I'm afraid I will lose them. I haven't had any luck with PayPal helping me fight or win cases when filed through customers Bank. You can clearly see that at least two billing cycles have passed and customer paid charges why now claiming they are unauthorized? Shouldn't that prove that customer agreed to them? How can I better fight it and PayPal better help me win the cases?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amartinez041

If you sold goods or services using a personal paypal.me link and did not tell your buyers to tick the goods / services option when they sent payment then you lost the seller protection you would have had to protect you against a chargeback.

Its always best to actually read up on seller protection and what coverage it gives you BEFORE you start selling.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

amartinez041
Contributor
Contributor

But they did. All the transactions were marked as goods and services

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amartinez041

ok then thats a good thing so.......

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.