Hold on payment and having sold item shipped by overseas shipping company

dave4195
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm a first time seller and because of that my payement is on hold.  The buyer wants me to ship the item to fishisfast which I discover is an overseas shipping company.  The buyer seems legit but I am very leery.  The item is a $350 auto part.  Any advice?

Thanks!

Dave

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dave4195 

Always ship with a courier you choose that has tracking and can provide valid tracking that PayPal accepts. If the shipping address on the payment happens to be to a freight forwarder (overseas shipping company), ship to address on the payment through a courier with tracking that PayPal accepts to maintain your seller protection.

If buyer asks to ship to an address that is not on the payment, refund the payment and ask them to resend payment with correct shipping address or it's a NO-GO.

The unfortunate thing is having to fork out extra to cover the PayPal fees to refund the payment because PayPal don't refund the fees no more. Or, you just deduct the full (or some percentage of) fees from the refund.

Never view transactions from the position that "Oh, if I don't do what the buyer say, I will lose the $350 sale." No, that is where you don't want view it. Be at a position to say no, when you are not protected, regardless of amount to avoid the time and hassle for dealing with disputes as opposed to having $$ signs in your eyeballs, going along with it with no regards to protecting yourself.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dave4195 

Always ship with a courier you choose that has tracking and can provide valid tracking that PayPal accepts. If the shipping address on the payment happens to be to a freight forwarder (overseas shipping company), ship to address on the payment through a courier with tracking that PayPal accepts to maintain your seller protection.

If buyer asks to ship to an address that is not on the payment, refund the payment and ask them to resend payment with correct shipping address or it's a NO-GO.

The unfortunate thing is having to fork out extra to cover the PayPal fees to refund the payment because PayPal don't refund the fees no more. Or, you just deduct the full (or some percentage of) fees from the refund.

Never view transactions from the position that "Oh, if I don't do what the buyer say, I will lose the $350 sale." No, that is where you don't want view it. Be at a position to say no, when you are not protected, regardless of amount to avoid the time and hassle for dealing with disputes as opposed to having $$ signs in your eyeballs, going along with it with no regards to protecting yourself.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.