Help

Taniatwilliams
Contributor
Contributor
I have sold a ride on lawnmower on Ebay for over £5000. The buyer is sending a courier to collect. Once the courier has checked it over he will ring the buyer to confirm all ok with mower and the buyer will then do the payment via PayPal. I do not intend on letting the courier leave with the mower until I have authorisation payment has gone through. Is this safe?Can the buyer cancel the payment as soon as they have taken the mower?What if I moved payment straight away from paypal into my bank account?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Taniatwilliams

That's a great question, and I can certainly understand how concerning a sale like this can be. Before completing the sale, I recommend logging into your PayPal account to confirm the payment was received and is Completed. Once the transaction is completed, the buyer cannot cancel a transaction. The buyer would have the option to file a dispute/claim with us for several different reasons to request a refund. If that happens, the money is placed on hold during the dispute/claim process and you as the seller would receive an email about the dispute/claim. As far as the buyer sending a courier to pick up the item. To ensure you're protected with Seller Protection, you will want to arrange shipping. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.