Help with a possible fraudulent payment made into our Merchant account.

Ultrabeam
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all 

I need some help ideally i need to speak to someone directly at Paypal merchant services but i cannot find any phone numbers (that work) to call. 

We have received some orders through our website for reasonably high values or at least values that we would flag up, the billing address is in the US and the delivery address is in the UK which was what immediately raised a flag. 

I have therefore asked the billing address account holder to send photo ID to try and catch them out but they have done this and images seem to be genuine. 

Normally we can spot an obvious fraud but this one we are not sure about the client seemed to have knowledge of the products we sell and asked for some custom made items on the order, which normally if it is a fraud they do not do., 

So we are really not sure as i don't want to reject a genuine order but also do not want to get caught with a chargeback, just to add the account is unverified. 

Can anyone help or advise what to do, ideally i need Paypal to contact the card company to make sure it is genuine before we proceed further with the order. 

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jayce13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am facing the same situation here, have u confirmed if this is a fraud yet? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.