Help with Echeque

DMil309
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I sold some tickets through a website and the payment has come through as an echeque and the concert is tomorrow.

What can i do?

Is there a way to cancel the echeque and for them to pay again?

Is an echeque safe but just slow?

Please help

Thanks

D.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DMil309,

I'm sorry for the confusion. I think @kernowlass thought you were the buyer in this transaction. I can see from your post that you are the seller and have received an eCheque payment.

When you receive an eCheque, the protection begins when the payment clears. If you were to deliver the item and the eCheque were cancelled, there would not be protection for that loss. The instruction in the transaction details is to wait for the clearance of that payment before delivering the item.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DMil309 

When you purchase an item Paypal normally credits the seller for you, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item. Paypal will then take the wait for the funds to transfer to reimburse them.
However they only take that 'risk' if you pay...

1. Bank transfer but have a back up card linked to your account as well.
2. Debit or credit card.
If you have option 1 but have no back up card linked then your payment may go as an echeque and you and the seller will have to await clearance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DMil309
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply 🙂

The payment has come out of her paypal balance but it doesnt say that it is an echeque anymore?

I'm confused by this now.

It says on the payment, Payment received - Pending but doesnt give me an option to cancel this?

Login to Me Too

DMil309
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry about that, i have found it was on an email from paypal that it told me it was an echeque.

Do you know if there is a way to cancel this? or can paypal cancel it if i speak with them directly?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DMil309 

You can't cancel an echeque but the seller can 'refund' it so you can pay again BUT the echeque will still have to process through to paypal and then as it has been refunded it will go back to your bank account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DMil309,

I'm sorry for the confusion. I think @kernowlass thought you were the buyer in this transaction. I can see from your post that you are the seller and have received an eCheque payment.

When you receive an eCheque, the protection begins when the payment clears. If you were to deliver the item and the eCheque were cancelled, there would not be protection for that loss. The instruction in the transaction details is to wait for the clearance of that payment before delivering the item.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.