Help please.

David-Emmerson
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed with selling a very good mobile phone. When selling it the buyer mailed me with this. 
The payment of £250.00 GBP sent from Susan <removed> has not been posted into your PayPal account due to PayPal terms to verify shipment before posting Payment.

PayPal is working to make it safer than ever to buy and sell online. One of the boldest step to protect buyer & seller is to verify shipment before posting payment into seller's account after payment has been confirmed, to help ensure a safe and smooth transaction.

Payment details

Amount (pending😞 £250.00 GBP

Receipt No: U-3VL22726G60595360

Buyer: Susan <removed>

Shipping address:

Name: MR HENRY

<removed>

Which i thought was genuine. can anyone shed any light please? 

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Stranger1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, gumtree. I don't know but it was still not delivered. I don't understand how does the earth carry such people 😞 

I needed money urgently, that's why i sold otherwise I wouldn't 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Stranger1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, gumtree. I don't know but It was still not delivered. I don't understand how does the earth carry such people 😞 

I needed some money urgently that's why I sold it, otherwise I wouldn't 🙂 

Login to Me Too

RPF1975
Contributor
Contributor
So if its not delivered, post office should have it?! Or is he/she msging you its not delivered??
Login to Me Too

Stranger1
Contributor
Contributor

Did you have a reference number, and it is tracking number when I insert tracking number, it says they couldn't deliver because the address was inaccessible. The Police know, royal mail knows, we will see. 

Login to Me Too

RPF1975
Contributor
Contributor
Yes all confirm the rules with the royal mail, logged in and proof of delivery. Person who took it was maybe part of gang. If the watch is not delivered it should with the royal mail...
Login to Me Too

@RPF1975 did you get your item back at all?

Login to Me Too

Gary3306
Contributor
Contributor

This parasite tried it on with me last night. Said she was in Wales and would pay an extra £30 for postage. That raised an eyebrow straight away, who does that?

So I did a bit of research and her name popped up straight away. I decided to go along with her. I sent her my email address and said ‘As soon as I log in to my Paypal Account and see the funds there, I’ll transfer them into my bank account and once cleared I’ll send the phone’

Gone...Silence. She’s vanished. I then sent this message, ‘I haven’t received YOUR email saying the funds are in my Paypal Account yet. That’s strange’

Her user name on Gumtree was just ‘Fowlar’ notice the ‘a’ in the spelling as opposed to the normal ‘e’

She’s a wrong’un alright

Login to Me Too

RPF1975
Contributor
Contributor
Cant believe that person is still around and keep doing what he is!!
Login to Me Too

My household has suffered this same problem - advertised via Gumtree but then everything via WhatsApp.

Susan Fowler again - but at an address in Watford.  The item has been posted via Special Next Day Delivery (this afternoon 29.07.20) however the funds have not been received despite a very authentic looking PayPal email which turns out to be a fraud.

We've registered the issue with Action Fraud, the Police, Royal Mail but 'no crime has been committed [as yet]'.

@David-Emmerson I'm interested to know - did the item actually get delivered/signed for at the address you sent your item to?

Login to Me Too

Stranger1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I am so sorry to hear this story. He will sign and will get nobody will help you, before collecting i called to royal mail but they said we can’t do anything, they advised me to visit actionpolice fraud, but not results, after collecting my item he sent email that he swear he would return it back 🙂 I am confident for 100% that he will never send me back 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.