Help please.

David-Emmerson
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed with selling a very good mobile phone. When selling it the buyer mailed me with this. 
The payment of £250.00 GBP sent from Susan <removed> has not been posted into your PayPal account due to PayPal terms to verify shipment before posting Payment.

PayPal is working to make it safer than ever to buy and sell online. One of the boldest step to protect buyer & seller is to verify shipment before posting payment into seller's account after payment has been confirmed, to help ensure a safe and smooth transaction.

Payment details

Amount (pending😞 £250.00 GBP

Receipt No: U-3VL22726G60595360

Buyer: Susan <removed>

Shipping address:

Name: MR HENRY

<removed>

Which i thought was genuine. can anyone shed any light please? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@David-Emmerson 

Scam. Spoof email.

Authentic PayPal Transaction ID numbers do not have a dash.

PayPal does not ask you to ship or for tracking info BEFORE receiving funds so hopefully you didn't ship yet. And besides, you need the payment transaction record in your PayPal account in order to provide the tracking info. PayPal does not ask you to provide tracking info via email. You enter it into the transaction itself in your PayPal account. Providing tracking info in the transaction is optional.

So if you do not see a record of payment, whether it is in your available balance or pending balance, you have not been paid. If you already shipped out, the matter would be for the authorities to handle.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

There is not much PayPal can do since there was no payment transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@David-Emmerson 

Scam. Spoof email.

Authentic PayPal Transaction ID numbers do not have a dash.

PayPal does not ask you to ship or for tracking info BEFORE receiving funds so hopefully you didn't ship yet. And besides, you need the payment transaction record in your PayPal account in order to provide the tracking info. PayPal does not ask you to provide tracking info via email. You enter it into the transaction itself in your PayPal account. Providing tracking info in the transaction is optional.

So if you do not see a record of payment, whether it is in your available balance or pending balance, you have not been paid. If you already shipped out, the matter would be for the authorities to handle.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

There is not much PayPal can do since there was no payment transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

David-Emmerson
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i shipped the phone 

Login to Me Too

RPF1975
Contributor
Contributor
Yes me too a few wks ago, apple watch, £350. Same address, same name!!! Reported to the police but did they do a visit to that address in Ipswich??
Login to Me Too

Stranger1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys! 

I have the same problem at the moment. Susan Fowler but the delivery address is different. What did you do in this situation? 

Thank you, 

Login to Me Too

RPF1975
Contributor
Contributor
DONT SEND THE ITEM!! If you sent it you lost it... you can call the police... whats the address?!
Login to Me Too

Stranger1
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I found your conversation after sending the item, address in Hull. When did you send your item, did you include signature service? 

Login to Me Too

RPF1975
Contributor
Contributor
Yep all signed for etc!!! Absolute con. Never received my money and person is gone. He still going. Got proof that he signed for, picture etc. What did you send?
Login to Me Too

Stranger1
Contributor
Contributor

Really? I thought I have little chance to return my item, I sent apple watch 5 series with cellular. They should have received yesterday, but when I checked my tracking number it says that they couldn't deliver the item, the address is inaccessible.  I went to the police station, they advised me to visit this link actionfraud.police.uk I am planning to go to this address because he still didn't get it. I have never sold through PayPal, it was my first experience that's why I didn't know. 

Login to Me Too

RPF1975
Contributor
Contributor
Yep exactly the same with me!! So item not delivered?! So where is it, post office?! Mine was delivered and he did a runner. Did you sell on Gumtree?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.