Help! Buyer’s item got damaged on the way while being shipped !

Jenjen24
Contributor
Contributor
Hello ! Just wanted to ask so there’s a buyer that bought an item from me but the item got damaged on the way while it’s being shipped. I already provided the item with a card board behind the item and bubble wrap before sending it out through registered mailing yet the item was damaged on the way. The buyer opened a dispute case in PayPal and asked for the money back. Do u think there’s any seller protection or sth to help me ?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jenjen24 

Seller protection is for false claims by buyers. The fact someone has paid you for an item and received it damaged is your responsibility and its up to you to refund the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jenjen24
Contributor
Contributor
I see But currently it’s actually an open case and I have proof that I packed everything with sufficient protection before sending it to the buyer and I have transaction proof of my other buyer getting the same type of item in perfect condition so i’m kinda upset with the buyer opening a dispute case when the situation is out of my control
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jenjen24 

So you would be happy to purchase goods online and when you received it and it was broken you would not expect a refund from the seller??

Just because x1 of your items arrived undamaged does not mean the other one did !!

And to blame the buyer for wanting a refund for getting a broken item is unfair.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jenjen24
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.