HELP!!

ben090829
New Community Member

I am an ebay user and listed my item. One guy contacted me and asking me to get $200 ebay gift card and ship it with the item. Then I have received an email from 'servicepaypal.usa.com' saying I've got money but it is on hold. It was not paypal.com but gmail. They were saying I need to purchase the gift card and show the code so that they can check it whether the code works or not. So I did. Then I got this email from them.

"Thanks for getting back to us we will credit your account soon"

Few minutes after that, I have received an another one saying:

"Congratulations we have successfully verified the card and we are processing the total pending funds into your PayPal account now but we notice your account has not been upgraded and due to this fact we are unable to credit your account because your account needs to be upgraded 
before your account can receive this large funds,We kindly advise you to pay $200 via an ebay gift cards for the
 upgrading of your PayPal account which will be added to your total pending funds and you will be credited immediately after the upgrading of your PayPal account."
What do I need to do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Puccalicious27
New Community Member
Hi. So the same thing happened to me. I sold an item. I got an email Saying that I have a limit on my account. So the buyer had to send me another $300 to upgrade my account. Got an email saying he sent the $300 but he wanted it refunded in gift cards. Got an email from “PayPal” saying I had to take a picture of the gift cards and scratch the back and send the photo. Then my account will credited. I haven’t done it. I’m pretty sure it’s a scam. I’m worried because he keeps texting asking when I’ll get the gift cards. Not sure what to do.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.