HELP: RESOLUTION AND INCORRECT REFUND GIVEN

Nicola32
New Community Member

Please help, I have sold and item and underestimated the postage on it, contacted customer and she was fine with refund, day later I get a dispute to which I log in see its the same amount of money and refund it straight away, turns out the dispute was for a totally separate item that the buyer hadn't received.

He received it the item the next day and has basically said that its my fault for sending the parcel late, he has said he would wait for the money to come back which will take 5 days but is now ignoring all contact, paypal are saying the dispute is over but its incorrect how do I get help?

To summarise, I refunded the wrong person, they now have the item and their money back but I am also having ti refund the money back to the other lady so will there fore be with no items and £60 out of pocket, how dii I explain to paypal that the gentleman should not have received a refund as he has the items? how do I get my money back?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nicola32 

Sorry, but once you refund, that's it. The claim is closed, you refunded (accident or not), no one forced you to do it and PayPal cannot compel the person to pay a debt that is not owed to PayPal. You can send a PayPal invoice to the buyer but no guarantee they will pay or incentive to except for being a decent human being. 

Nothing personal but it seems to me that you need to be more careful (calmly focus on tasks and not get overwhelmed) with how you handle your transactions so you don't make mistakes because it is costing you money and goods. Learn from the experiences.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.