Gumtree sale

AdmiralT
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Guys, I'm selling an item on gumtree for £150 the guy has offered me £180 if I post it...postage would only be a fiver. He has asked for my PayPal email, it there any fraudulent or loops holes in which the money once in my account can be taken back out by PayPal for whatever reason?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AdmiralT 

Yes. Buyers have 180 days to open a PayPal dispute and if they paid with credit card, choose to file a dispute from through credit card issuer within the same amount of time. If you didn't quote shipping because it was a pick up but buyer is asking that you ship and is willing to pay £30 extra to ship then ship with tracking number and send to shipping address on the PayPal payment ONLY to fight an Item Not Received and Unauthorized Payment dispute. Sellers are not protected for Significantly Not As Described disputes and are generally forced to accept a return for a refund resolution. I think Gumtree recommends not using PayPal. Check Gumtree support documentation for more information.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AdmiralT 

Yes. Buyers have 180 days to open a PayPal dispute and if they paid with credit card, choose to file a dispute from through credit card issuer within the same amount of time. If you didn't quote shipping because it was a pick up but buyer is asking that you ship and is willing to pay £30 extra to ship then ship with tracking number and send to shipping address on the PayPal payment ONLY to fight an Item Not Received and Unauthorized Payment dispute. Sellers are not protected for Significantly Not As Described disputes and are generally forced to accept a return for a refund resolution. I think Gumtree recommends not using PayPal. Check Gumtree support documentation for more information.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.